Monday, April 7, 2014

Airing Your Dirty...

Airing your dirty laundry in public is bad. Airing your dirty laundry on the internet is even worse. But I'm only airing my dirty living room so that's ok, right? So here goes nothing:


In an ideal world I would have a garage to work out of. But I don't. Sigh. I painted the breakfront on my little enclosed porch, but it's still a little too cold to work outside so I decided to paint the bar inside. I moved the couch and rolled the rug back and thought it was really bad. And then I realized it was only going to get a lot worse before it got better... 


Ta da! The sanded and newly clean (it took a vacuum, liquid deglosser, and tack cloth) bar made it's way back inside and took up basically all available floor space. I laid out the newspaper, taped off the parts I didn't want any paint on and got to work priming.

For once in my DIY life I underestimated the amount of time it would take to do something. Woo hoo! So while I thought I would still be priming at this very moment, I finished a half an hour ago. Hooray for a job that took only an hour instead of two! 




I'm hoping tomorrow goes as well as today. I'm really excited to see the first coat of paint go on because in all honesty I forgot what the color even looks like. That's what happens when you buy your paint in September and don't do anything with it until April. 

Anyone else have a productive Monday night? Let me know below!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.

Your website provided us with useful info to work on.

You've done an impressive process and our whole group can be grateful to you.


My weblog: Plantar Fasiitis Shoes (http://fightingfatforfit.tumblr.com/)