Sunday, April 6, 2014

This is What a Really Awesome Husband Looks Like:


The bar update is finally underway! I've had the paint all ready to go for the past seven months so really it's about time we got this party started.

I tend to really underestimate the man power and time it takes to complete things, and I have to admit I thought I would be putting the first coat of primer on this evening. You can call this blogging in real time. The above picture was taken about an hour ago, after Daniel spent the entire day sanding the monster. He's covered in dust and our apartment is not looking much better (even though all sanding happens out on the porch.) In my head I had this thing painted and put back together by Friday, but now I'm realizing my brain doesn't live in reality. 

I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow where I need to clean this little baby of all the sawdust. Ugh. Worst job ever. If I'm lucky I might be able to get the primer on as well, but I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm going to try to do blog updates on this project as it's happening so stay tuned! 

Here's the very unglamourous before picture: 



The sanding was an epic task on the old honey-do list, so a huge shout out and thanks to D! This project couldn't have started without him. 

What have you all been up to this weekend ? Any big projects underway now that it's finally nice out? 

No comments :