Tuesday, April 8, 2014

That Terrible Middle Stage

Every project has it. You are over the beginning rush of, "Hey! I can do this!" and before your final feeling of "hells yeah I did it!" And it's just not a good place to be.

Working on the middle stage is even less fun when your day starts off at the dentist, where a whole host of horrors is performed on your toothache, followed by going to work, and an endless trip to Ikea after that. (Side story: I once ran over a pigeon in the Ikea parking lot. It was absolutely horrible and I now consider any trip there where I don't murder a bird a success, so I'm not actually complaining about being in Ikea today.)

Once the kids went to sleep I got down to the first coat of paint. I'm not sure why but my paint was just not cooperating tonight. It was very bubbly and it took a long time to ensure the layer of paint was thin and perfectly smooth looking. 

I do have to say I am loving the color so far, it's a little darker in person than what is showing in the picture.

I'll be back once the bar is put back together. I don't want to bore you with a post about the second coat of paint that will be going on tomorrow. Stay tuned and check back here Friday for the reveal! 

Anyone else in the middle of something they just want to be done with? Or make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only Ikea bird murderer out there... 

No comments :