Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I'm A Celeb Now

I could play this cool and be all oh yeah, NBD... But people! I was on ACTUAL television last night. Therefore I am super  cool today and can revel in my newfound fame.

Actual text from last night: 


(I am incapable of sending a text without a typo in it) 

Getting on tv is really a story about celebrity stalking. And that celeb would be Buddy Valastro from TLC's Cake Boss. Buddy also has two other shows, The Next Great Baker and Bakery Boss. Buddy was in my old hood over the summer taping for Bakery Boss. This show is about failing bakeries where Buddy comes to help them out, renovate the bakery, and gives them new recipes so they can start being successful. Word got out that he was going to be at one of the supermarkets and I decided to stop by to see my favorite Italian baker. 


Apparently no one was supposed to know he would be there and there was a lot of people getting kind of crazy waiting for him. The sign above is the closest thing I got to him that day.

The next day was the grand opening of the newly renovated Violet's Bake Shop. It's pretty near where I work so I stopped by on my lunch break to attempt a Buddy sighting. No such luck. I saw some of the tv crew hanging around and they said I should come back at 5:00 for the grand opening. 

I lost my mind and dragged my kids out that night to once again try and see Buddy. I learned that tv people are really annoying, and they lie to you about what is happening so they can get the shots they need. A line had formed because everyone had expected to see the star of the show, but after waiting for hours to finally get inside the bakery he wasn't there. Huge dissapointment. Violet, I have nothing against you but I hadn't waited around for so long to buy one of your new cupcakes. I was on a celebrity stalking mission. 

Since I had invested so much time in this crazy idea already I figured I had nothing to lose by going to where Buddy's trailer was parked, around the corner near the back of the bakery. And people it finally got exciting! First we saw the winner of last season's Next Great Baker, Ashley. 


She told us Buddy was in the back of the bakery. And then he walked out! A producer was with him yelling that he had no time for me but he was the nicest guy and stopped to talk for a minute. Lily saw him and shrieked Buddy, he picked her up and this picture happened: 


My celebrity stalking mission was successful. 

And last night when the episode premiered, I will not lie, there was some major jumping around and excitement when we spotted ourselves on tv. And yes, of course I took pictures of my tv paused. 


Moshe made it in a blink it and miss moment. But hi I'm his mom, I totally noticed.


Note to self: next time you're on tv, smile a little.


Lily taking center stage. She was huge hit with the people waiting on line. She would say Buddy and laugh and clap, and producer noticed her and actually took us aside for an interview, but that part didnt make it into the show.

So this is one of crazy ideas that turned into a really funny story that has now made me famous! Ok so not actually famous, but you guys can all say you knew me back when I was a nobody. 

Any other celeb stalkers out there? Let me hear your stories below!

No comments :