Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stylin It: Big & Little


Does anyone else out there get super excited when they receive a shipping confirmation in their inbox and then track the package obsessively? I watch my package travel across the country and then even though I know what day it will be there, I am so happy to see it outside my door.

Shopping for my kids makes me happy too. The little people in my family make everything look so cute and it’s hard not to just go crazy and buy everything in sight. My five year old son, Moshe, is a pretty awesome kid. {I highly recommend having a boy first because everyone could use a big brother in their life.} When he was little I worked so hard finding accessories for him like sunglasses, hats, and belts, while my mama friends with baby girls got to just stick bows in their baby’s heads and call it a day. If I may say so, Moshe rocked it (and he still does). And then I got my girl. Lily is now 20 months and I got to join the big bow club. And the dresses club. And the bracelets, earrings, and pretty in pink club. Shopping for a little girl is just fantastic.

A few weeks ago, I went on a bit of a shoe buying spree for Miss Lily Boo. It was the first time I went shoe crazy for her, in the summer she lived in her Saltwaters, and before that she had her first (and only) pair of shoes. After tracking the cross country journey of one of the shoes I ordered for her, I found a stunning box sitting at my door. (Pretty packaging really does make such a difference!) And when I opened it, I found this:

 
Cinderella, you are so right.

After starting our little shoe collection, I realized that my taste in shoes for Lily is pretty similar to my taste in shoes for myself… So one day she will probably hate me for this, but we have started sporting some similar looks:

low top Converse for both of us

leopard flats and leapord oxfords

But then I realized I didn’t stop at matching footwear with only my baby girl, I was doing it with my little man as well:

high top black kicks for mama and Moshe

It's madness, but I don't think I'll be able to stop. Now if I could just find some yellow Mary Jane’s for myself…

Am I the only mama out there rocking similar shoes to their kids? Let me know below!

No comments :