Sunday, September 29, 2013

I'm Hanging Up My Hat

Yup. I am hanging up my hat. Not on this three week old blog thing, I'm hanging up my actual hats, but we'll get to that in a minute.

Dear Super Organized People of the World,
Teach me your ways please. And I will bake you some cupcakes.
XO, Goldie

I get into organization in (very short) spurts and try to fix everything in the course of one morning. I know it's completely ridiculous but it's the way I work. So yesterday morning, feeling like I could conquer the world, I cleaned out two drawers. I know, how completely not news or blog worthy, but peeps, this is huge for me. So I decided to tackle an extremely small project I've been ignoring for awhile. (Note to self: it's bad to ignore the things that you already have all the supplies for)

Last summer I used some Command hooks to hang up my long necklaces next to my dresser. It keeps them neat,organized, untangled, and then I end up wearing them more often. This system has been working great for me so I decided to do the same thing for my hats.

I realized I have amassed quite a few fedoras after they kept falling down on me every time I opened my closet door. I used a small corner of the room that's hidden behind a piece of furniture because I wasn't intending this to be decor, it was strictly for a functional purpose.

Get ready for the most boring before picture you have ever seen:

 
With a little help from these babies (and my attempt at Vanna White), a blank white wall can become something useful.

 
We end up with this:


Holla! Low key organizational project that takes a total of five minutes but makes a huge difference.

So who's organizing what lately? Or if you're an organizational goddess shoot me a comment below and help me become you! And now I have to go deal with the 400 pictures sitting on my desk that are waiting to be put in order and into albums...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

hanging hats on the wall is really smart and clears up room in your closet

Unknown said...

Do these stay up? I have been wondering is the "lip" is enough for a straw beach hat!