Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day


Last night I went to a late movie with a friend. I drove her back home and double parked (bad idea #1), turned the car off (bad idea #2), and turned on the hazards (bad idea #3). We ended up talking and before we knew it, it was 2 am. My friend went in to her home, and I started tried to start the car. In case you were counting, three bad ideas and you strike out. The battery was dead and the car wasn't going anywhere. If I had been in a parking spot I could have left it and dealt with the situation in the morning, but this was something that needed immediate attention. 

I called Daniel.

And I freaked out. And he was calm. 

He told me to walk home (I was just up the block) and he would come out and take care of everything. 

And that is exactly what he did. 

He could have been upset, he could have been annoyed at me for doing something stupid, but he wasn't. He sat out with the car and waited for AAA to come and give him a jump. He came back in at 4 am. 

I'm so thankful to be married to a wonderful man who is also a wonderful father. He treats the kids like he treats me. Moshe and Lily are extremely lucky to call him their father.  

Happy Father's Day to all!

No comments :