Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Brown Bagging It

It's October 2 yo. Cuh-razy. Someone pointed out yesterday, that 10% of the school year is already done... Can I get another cuh-razy. We're getting ourselves in a good school rhythm over here. I've only got one kiddie in school so I've got the scheduling, making lunch, and homework time mostly under control... but who knew five year olds had homework??


Moshe was pretty excited to get a new backpack. His backpack used to just be a giant lunchbox because I didn't put anything in it besides for his food for that day. This year Moshe is going with homework folders in addition to his lunch. I thought it would be a good idea to contain the food in his bag, instead of just throwing it in the big pocket like I did last year. 

Instead of getting him an additional lunchbox to carry I went old school and got brown bags. I figured I can use the bags as a canvas for a little daily love for my little man. My best friend's mom used to write her little notes that she stuck in her lunch and I always thought it was such an awesome thing to do. After the first day of sending Moshe a note on his lunch bag, and having him bring it home to ask me what it said, I realized this is going to be a lot easier when he can actually read. Until then, my middle of the day reminder that his mama loves him, will have to be doodle heavy.



And when Daniel makes lunch, he decorates the bag. Win-win for this lucky lady over here.


Are there any ways you're trying to make your kid feel special and loved during the school day? Pinterest has a ton of printable lunch box notes that would definitely make this pretty easy to do, but for the time being I'll be sticking with my morning coloring routine.

4 comments :

SparkleLove said...

You are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Goldie! Love the blog!

Goldie said...

Why thank you darling xo

Goldie said...

You are always an inspiration to me! Thanks for following!