Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Target Taxidermy

This post sounds pretty weird but I promise it's not a hunting lesson. I'm scared of all animals and am the opposite of outdoorsy. And I'm from Long Island... We don't hunt. We shop.

Taxidermy, or rather fake taxidermy has been something I've really gotten into recently. A deer head on the wall sounds the opposite of chic, but when it's white with gold antlers? Please, I am sold.


Look how gorg this room is! That cute little deer is totally calling my name and we could be friends. 

My decorating bestie made one for herself and he's hanging in her dining room: 


Jealous of the deer and the fireplace. 

Off topic for a second here, but I've already discussed my Instagram addiction. The problem is that addiction feeds into another, because I follow @targetdoesitagain. This account is done by two girls who post pictures of the amazing new things target has on their shelves. I see it, I want to buy it all, and basically Instagram is dangerous. Yesterday they posted this picture:


Target you kill me!!! The second I saw that little deer above I wanted him. I know my husband is reading this right now and thinking I am craycray, but look at him is he not the chicest deer you have ever seen? And I was at target yesterday. But I promise I was inside for five minutes only, because I was there to return something and not shop, but I wanted to go find that little guy and bring him home with me.

After I got home I went to look it up on the website and realized the deer head is not for hanging on the wall, it's tabletop decor. Ok fine, I'm moving my crush on to the horns hanging right next to him. 



So pretty I want to pet them. 

Here are some other deer heads I love:


The colors are all spectacular.


This cutie is knitted! I am so sold.

So what is your take on this wall decor? Do you find it totally crazy or on my tres chic deer team? Do you have real taxidermy on your walls? Please say no, I'd be really scared otherwise.

No comments :