Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Memory Hoarding

Hey Internet! I didn't forget about you, I promise. After a not so fun stint with jury duty at the beginning of last week, I caught a cold which turned into a week long drama, a trip to the doctor, and a round of antibiotics. So it's a week later, and I'm not totally back to normal (apparently when I get sick, I do it good) but I'm here.

Sooo, has anyone been up to any amazing projects or fabulous family activities over the past week? Please tell me!! I sadly had to cancel an apple picking trip with my bestie this Sunday, and my creative juices are definitely on low at the moment.
 
I had been working on a very small project for the past week. Emphasis on the "very" the "small" and the "week." Like this is the kind of thing you can knock out in one afternoon, but with no energy to speak of, it took an entire week. How embarrassing. Even better though, I finally finished it this afternoon, and promptly learned that when the directions on a can of spray paint says to use in warm weather, the directions don't lie. I ended up with a crackled mess of paint and had to trash it. So at the end of the week, I'm left with no project, and a cough that just won't go away. Woe is me people!!

So instead lets discuss the one thing I've managed to accomplish over the past few weeks... Putting my printed pictures into albums! I think we're living in a world where pictures stay on whatever device they were taken on, or get uploaded to a computer and then stay there. I also think a lot of people are making photo books instead of printing pictures and putting them into albums. I love photo books and have made them for special occasions, but otherwise I am old school and love to print pictures, and stick them into actual albums.
 
But lets get real, doing so is incredibly annoying and time consuming. It's even more annoying and time consuming when you order over 600 pictures at a time and Snapfish send them to you out of order!! Seriously Snapfish, what are you playing at?!
 
After I used my entire dining room table to sort and organize my pictures, I couldn't have been prouder of myself and promptly text this next picture to my sister.
 
 
I may have also mentioned in the text, that the envelopes contained pictures from only June, July, and August. And then my lovely sister starts to tell me how crazy I am.
 
Yes world, I know I'm crazy. Or as I like to call it, I am a memory hoarder. I take too many pictures, I print too many pictures, and I have way too many albums in various bookcases throughout my apartment. But can I defend myself for a minute? Is it really so bad that I do this? Lily already loves looking through the albums, and I feel like its so special for kids to be able to look back at pictures of their childhood.
 
So where do you stand on printing pictures? Do you never print anything but wish that you do? Do you print a reasonable amount of pictures and therefore people can't ever question your sanity? 

Snapfish may have had penny prints recently and I may or may not have another 150 pictures from September waiting to be sorted and put into albums. Yeah, maybe when my cough is gone.


No comments :